Sunday, May 27, 2012

Blogging Is For EVERYONE

Saturday afternoon, I decided to start another blog.  My decision to do this was inspired by a very close friend after we had spent HOURS that day, joking and talking about the happenings in our lives for the last couple of years.   One area we spent a lot of time talking about was our children - and all of the time and money we have spent on them, in the area of Performing Arts.   We also reminisced about our trip two years ago to Orlando, Florida with "The ARTS Showcase" event.  At that time our friendship was just starting out, and it felt "crazy" trying to learn all we could "to do things right" when it came to helping our children prepare for auditions and performances.  We were in essence learning how to become our children's talent managers.  And there was a lot of humor in all of that!

While laughing about our memories, we started talking out loud about the idea of creating a blog to put all of our humorous (and not so humorous) performing arts experiences.  The title of the blog "A Crazy Stage Mom" was intended to be an attempt at reminding myself, NOT to be a Crazy Stage Mom.  The title makes me giggle, because there are many funny moments that have seemed crazy over the years regarding auditions and performances with my children.  Since I am sure there will be many more to come, I thought it would be a good idea to not clog up this blog with posts that were specific to performing arts and put those somewhere else.

People who really understand me and are truly my friends will know that when I am telling a story, I am usually smiling most of the time, if I am not laughing.   When I started blogging, I felt like I was telling a story, so I would write it as if I was speaking it.  And when speaking it, chances are I am smiling and/or laughing - so that will come out in my post - with possibly many "LOL's", "HAHAHA's" and smiling faces.  

I acknowledge that my style of blogging may not be for everyone, and what I write about may not interest everyone.  But that is OK.  Like the THOUSANDS of other blogs out there in the cyberspace world, which come in all styles and formats, mine has its own style and format, too.  And what one reader might enjoy, another may not.  This is the beauty of blogging.  If a person has the desire and interest to write and share their thoughts and opinions, they can do that through having a blog.

On Saturday night, however, a really rude comment was posted on my new blog (which I have since deleted) from someone who read my new post and didn't have the decency to use their REAL name; instead used the name A GREAT MOM.  Well, her comment was not so nice!  Instead, she sounded like "A CRUEL MOM!"  She informed me that "my blog was annoying.  and so are you.  you use the term "LOL!" way too much and should really leave the blogging to REAL bloggers.  Wannabe bloggers really get on my nerves."

WOW!!!!!  Since when did blogging have rules regarding how much is too much usage of a term in a blog post?  And what the hell is a REAL blogger?  I have never claimed to be a professional blogger.  I am a PERSONAL blogger, sharing personal experiences, for those that choose to read it and want a peek inside my mind and life.  If you're NOT interested in what I have to say, then don't read it!  And keep your comments to yourself!

According to the Merriam-Webster's Dictionary, the word "BLOG" means:
a website that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer.

I believe that is EXACTLY what my blog is and that is what I am using it for!  What "A Great Mom" said was rude and mean...and those kinds of people GET ON MY NERVES!  If the way I blog is not her style, then she should not read my blog, nor should she make any comments.  Trying to publicly humiliate me with her mean-spirited words, definitely does NOT make her "A Great Mom."  It makes her far from it!  And if she is "possibly" a friend of mine, please don't be my friend anymore.  I don't need this kind of friend or friendship in my life or as a friend on Facebook.  A real friend would have sent me a private message or email "suggesting" helpful tips for my blog - since I am still relatively new at blogging - not tried to belittle and embarrass me on my blog.  Perhaps I did use a few too many "LOL's" in my latest post, but I was laughing most of the time while I was writing the post.  (I have gone back and edited it - so my "laughing" is not so much.)  I am much more open to suggestions and constructive comments - NOT HURTFUL CRITICISM!

Blogging is for everyone and anyone!  If I was a "professional" blogger, then perhaps there might be "rules" and "guidelines" regarding how long my posts should be, what words/terms should not be used, if a picture or hyperkink is required with my posts, etc., etc.  But since my blogs are PERSONAL, there are NO rules or guidelines.  I am not getting paid for blogging, nor am I receiving kickbacks for endorsing a product or website.   I get no perks for having a blog!  I write from my heart, and what I have to say is "REAL" - and since the definition for a blogger is "someone who blogs on a blog" - and my blogs seem to meet the definition mentioned above regarding what a blog is, then I am in fact a REAL BLOGGER!

For those that would like a peek into my "crazy" world with children in performing arts, I have included a link to my new blog.  Enjoy!  :-)

"A Crazy Stage Mom" blog



6 comments:

  1. I feel the need to respond to this - and wish I was actually responding to "a great mom" - so this is to her - and to whomever she thinks she is - we are trying to teach out kids in this new era of social media and "putting it all out there" about the dangers of cyber bullying and how it is so much easier to be rude and hateful anonymously than we would ever be fact to face. There is also that old addage about teaching your children through your actions more so than your words. So putting these two "parenting guidlelines" together I would have to say that hurting the feelings of someone who is just trying to do her own thing, share a little of herself and connect with a few people - who voluntarily read her blog - puts you far far from the "great mom" catagory. Anyone who knows Lisa - knows that she has the warmest heart and the most giving soul, but they also know that she is incredibly vulnerable, for all that she acts so strong, so for someone like you to hurt her on purpose - Shame on You!!!
    So A Great mom I say to you - Get a freaking life and I also add - LOL!!! ROFLMAO!!! H8R!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth for your awesome comment! It brought a few tears to my eyes! I love you and appreciate your support, especially right now. :-)

      Delete
    2. P.S. Your comment also made me LOL!!!! and :-) from ear to ear! Just what I needed this morning! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with Elizabeth! A Great Mom is far from it! She is a jealous, threatened, know-it-all cyber-bully who felt all empowered to be mean, but then cowardly hid behind a wildly inappropriate annonymous username.

    Blog on Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! You always know how to put it all in perspective and are one of my inspirations when it comes to blogging. I appreciate your encouragement and advice!!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I don't know you but what I do know is what you write is interesting and I can see and feel that it is written from the heart. Personally I think that there are too many opinionated people who seem to get some pleasure from putting other people down.I dont know you well enough to comment on your blogging or parenting skills and even if i did know you who am i to sit in judgement of another person's life. Never let these anonymous cruel people stop you blogging as there other people like myself that enjoy reading your thoughts and daily activities. Keep up the good work
    Julie http://theseekerofthetruth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete