Friday, February 8, 2013

New Home - New Beginning

As I start the next chapter of my life, I find myself feeling all kinds of feelings and emotions.  Peace is the biggest.  Last Friday, my house officially became my home, when I was finally able to close on it.  I can't believe, it's all mine!

I know that God has been completely in the driver seat of my life these last 16 months!  Not that He hasn't always been, but the miracles that were occurring around me during the last two months especially, were so evident of His presence.  My old house sold in 11 days.  And it sold on the night before Thanksgiving day!  That to me was the BIGGEST miracle of all.  I thought it would be MONTHS before an offer would be made on my old house, since we were heading into the holiday season.  In exchange for this miracle, I had to be moved out in three weeks, which would be the week before Christmas.  The new owners wanted to spend Christmas in their new home, so Christmas decorating would have to wait until we were moved into my new home.

My next big miracle was that I found my new home the week before my other one sold...and it was owned by people from my church and school that I had known for the last 12 years.   What a blessing that was.

When I entered their home, I got very choked up.  I had been praying to God and asking Him to lead me to a house that would feel like a "home" for my children - and would just be smaller version of what I had owned and lived in for the last 10 years.  And that was exactly what their home was.  Matching colors and design.  Crosses on walls and significant religious items in all of their bedrooms and throughout their house.  Their home decor was similar to mine, so there would be no new painting necessary or carpet changing in order for my things to look like they belonged in my new house.  Their home also felt very blessed!  The Lord's presence had been living in their house since they moved into it 14 years ago, and I felt so much peace and thankfulness for having found it.

Additionally, there are things in my new house that I had always wanted in my old house, but we never got around to doing.  Things such as:  The Complete Garage system in my garage, solid granite counter tops (which happen to be the exact same color as what I had, but were granite tile), a sprinkler system for the yard, a large stone-laid patio, an outside brick fireplace pit on the patio, outside lighting for the trees, a flag holder on the house, storm doors with both glass and screen options on the front door and patio door, etc., etc.

My new house is also in a cul de sac which has neighbor-shared items, such as a trampoline, a basketball goal and half court painted on the street, and bases painted on the street for games of kickball and baseball.  How cool is this for my kids.  Three blocks from the house is the neighborhood swimming pool and a playground.  I can't wait for summer!

And the biggest bonus of my new home is that each of my children still have their own bedroom.  That can be hard to do when you have four children.

God has truly blessed me and my children during this transition in our lives.  For a long time I did not have the strength to always stand on my own, and the Lord needed to carry me, just so I could get through the day; get through my life.  Now, I feel stronger than ever, as I walk along side the Lord, smiling and feeling thankful and filled with his presence in my heart and soul!



No comments:

Post a Comment