Friday, August 31, 2012

Naked Facebook Stupidity

OMG!  OMG!  Let's just say that what I was greeted with this morning in my Facebook Newsfeed I WAS NOT EXPECTING!  And I can't even begin to imagine how I would have explained it to my children had any of them been sitting next to me and seen the picture on my screen.

I will first point out that what was posted was not actually posted by my Facebook friend.  However, it was something she was tagged in.  But guess what, since she is my friend, anything other people tag her in, I get to see it, too!  AND THAT IS NOT WORKING FOR ME TODAY!

I truly don't know whether to laugh or be annoyed at what I would consider someone else's complete stupidity.  Didn't this young lady realize that all the people like me, who don't know her, are still going to see what she posted because she tagged people that were her Facebook Friends.  And her post will now appear in the news feeds of those tagged and all of the tagged people's friends.  SERIOUSLY!  WHAT WAS SHE THINKING....OH WAIT....SHE WASN'T THINKING!!!!

So what was the tagged picture that caused my mouth to drop wide open and leave me speechless (which is a hard thing to do)???  A woman posing COMPLETELY NAKED!!!  Full front view and all!  Nothing hidden or left for the imagination!  (Perhaps this was all an innocent mistake...she REALLY didn't mean for so many people to see it.  She REALLY meant to change her settings before posting the picture and forgot.  Yeah...I am going to go with that story...NOT!!!)

Don't get me wrong.  The naked human body is a beautiful thing.  Sometimes people will take pictures of themselves partially or fully naked and share those with someone else via an email, text message or hard copy.  That is a choice between individuals.  And for those that wish to share it publicly via magazines, movies, etc. - that is also their choice.   However, I don't believe I was offered the choice for this viewing option in my Facebook News Feed Settings.  LOL!

As I sat there stunned by my morning greeting, I tried to delete the post so none of the kids would accidentally see it.  But since I was viewing it on my iPhone, it would not allow me to delete it!  UUGGHH!  So my next quick option...to just unfriend my friend.   That was probably a good idea anyway, since who knows what other photos her friends may decide to post and tag her in.  And I am really not wanting another morning greeting from Facebook to be a photo of two people having sex or an orgy.  I already know what that looks like and don't need a photo on Facebook to show me or be shared with me!

Is it too early for a glass of wine to help get this image out of my head today?  I am sure it is 5:00 somewhere in the world right now!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment